5 Concrete Actions to Increase Talent Diversity
Building diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) into every aspect of an organization requires not only a long-term commitment, but concrete action. Today’s candidates and employees are looking for companies that make real commitments to DEI at their organization. For companies to make these changes, it’s important to look at DEI as a part of your organization’s operations, not a separate initiative. This means looking at your organization’s gaps through your data and figuring out how to make the most meaningful changes that will impact your business and incorporating these changes into your day-to-day.
As the Vice President of People at Lever, Annie Lin has led the effort to continue an intentional approach to DEI as part of the business’ operations, while using data to inform business decisions. At RallyFwd, Annie will share 5 concrete actions she’s taken to increase talent diversity. You’ll learn how to:
- Get good data — where to find and collect the data that shows the true state of DEI at your organization, and how to use it
- Set informed goals — how to establish targets for your recruiting process that factor in existing employees and market demographics
- Attract and nurture talent — which strategies to invest in to build your employer brand to influence talent to choose you
- Ensure internal alignment — ways to partner with leadership, hiring managers, and interview teams to align on the approach and desired outcomes
- Make DEI operational — from talent attraction to talent retention, how to integrate DEI where it matters